We promise that someone will get back to you to talk through your situation and explain how we can help. You can expect to hear back from us within two working hours and certainly no later than 10 am on the next working day.
Sorry, there are a few problems with the information you have entered. Please correct these before continuing.
One moment please...
Your submission has been received. We'll be in touch soon.
What is direct marketing?
1. Direct marketing consists of any promotional, publicity or communications activity sent directly to particular individuals or companies intended to promote the firm's products and services.
2. Shoosmiths LLP, and Shoosmiths (Northern Ireland) LLP (Shoosmiths) carry out direct marketing in accordance with the Privacy Notice and legal requirements. Additionally, we have a brand promise to be "famous for the client experience" which places an additional responsibility on the way we treat our clients and contacts in line with their expectations.
3. Please also refer to the firm's Privacy Notice which can be found here. The Privacy Notice explains the basis for processing personal data.
Who we are
4. Shoosmiths and Swiitch are trading names of Shoosmiths LLP and Shoosmiths NI LLP, as applicable.
5. Shoosmiths LLP (Shoosmiths) is a limited liability partnership with registered company number OC374987 and its registered office is at 100 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 1FH. Shoosmiths is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3279355. Shoosmiths LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID 569065).
6. Shoosmiths Northern Ireland LLP (Shoosmiths NI) is a limited liability partnership in Northern Ireland with registered company number NC001384 and its registered office at 2-14 East Bridge Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 3NQ. Shoosmiths NI is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths NI decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths NI is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA219732.
7. Where this policy refers to "Shoosmiths", "we", "our" or "us" below, unless it mentions otherwise, it is referring to the particular company that is the controller of your personal data.
How does Shoosmiths use direct marketing?
8. Shoosmiths uses email and e-marketing via its CRM system "InterAction", combined with Vuture e-marketing software, to send information directly to its business clients and contacts including insights, event invitations and news on products and services ("Centralised Communications.")
9. This information is not sent automatically, and you are not obliged to receive it. Shoosmiths operates an "opt-in" policy for its Direct Marketing. This means you will only be sent and receive Centralised Communications if you are a client of the firm (or associated with a client of the firm) or where we have your express consent to do so. We also reserve the right to email you with Centralised Communications if you fall outside of the groups specified above, if we believe it is in your business interest to receive the communication.
10. Shoosmiths only uses email to conduct direct marketing. It does not use text messaging, telesales, post or fax to carry out direct marketing.
11. We may occasionally share personal data with trusted third parties to help us deliver efficient and quality services. Any such recipients will be contractually bound to safeguard the data we entrust in them and will not contact you to offer services.
What direct marketing might I receive from Shoosmiths?
12. We will use and process your data to send you Centralised Communications about:
13. As part of our opt-in process, you will be invited to select the service areas and sectors on which you wish to receive Centralised Communications (there is no limit to the number of topics you can select as preferences).
14.We may send you details of our products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you, based on the preferences you have indicated to us.
In what circumstances would I receive this information?
15. You will only receive Centralised Communications from Shoosmiths (including information about our products and services, relevant Insights, seminar, webinar and event invitations and other news/announcements) if you are a client of the firm (or associated with a client of the firm), you have opted-in to receive these communications, or we believe it is in your business interest to receive the communication.
16. You will be invited by email to opt-in online as a result of:
17. We record your opt-in and marketing preferences using Vuture e marketing software, including the date and time you opted in.
18. We do not buy lists from third parties to use for direct marketing, unless we have proof that the third party has obtained opt-ins or consents within the last six months which specifically name us.
What if I don't want to receive information anymore?
19. If you would like to withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving any Centralised Communications, you can do so using our Unsubscribe tool.
20. Alternatively, you can also access our online preference management centre at any time where you can alter your preferences.
How do you keep my details accurate?
21. You will receive an email from us at intervals of no less than 2 years where you will be asked to confirm your contact details to ensure we keep accurate records.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about Shoosmiths' Direct Marketing policy?
22. Please write to the Head of Privacy and Data Protection at Shoosmiths LLP, 100 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9. Our email address for data protection queries is [email protected]. If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 03700863000.
23. For marketing queries, please contact us at: [email protected]