She is a member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel which demonstrates a high level of knowledge, skill and experience in the area of medical negligence.
Her special interests include complex birth injuries and cases involving, kidney, complex neurological, spinal and amputation injuries. These interests have been developed by the numerous medical negligence clients she has successfully represented. She also has experience of dealing with fatality claims as well as claims involving various severe injuries where there were ongoing care and other specialised needs that her clients require assistance with.
Sharon has represented many claimants in a wide range of cases including injuries arising from misdiagnosis of fractures and other medical conditions, difficulties during birth, unreasonable delay in diagnosis of different types of cancer, complications of surgery, and a variety of other medical issues.
Sharon has been closely involved in representing a large group of clients who have brought claims against breast surgeon, Ian Paterson, for potentially undertaking unnecessary surgery and surgery that has contravened national guidelines. Sharon settled two of the first cases for the private healthcare clients in this litigation.
Sharon is very dedicated to her work and highly professional in the way she represents clients and this shows in the quality and careful preparation of her cases as well as the amount of compensation she secures for her clients.
- Representing and securing an admission of liability for a young child who suffered from avoidable Cerebral Palsy due to negligence during her birth. Multiple interim payments have been secured for the client and her family to assist with care and rehabilitation in addition to a move into appropriate accommodation.
- Securing an admission of liability and seven figure sum in compensation for a client who suffered an avoidable amputation due to GP misdiagnosis of his vascular condition.
- Achieving an award of compensation for a 24 year old client for failure to detect kidney damage which later developed into end stage shortly before she sadly passed away. Her family went onto establish a charity in her memory to assist young patients who suffer from kidney failure.
- Securing a significant award for a young man who suffered avoidable kidney failure due to negligence involving a failure to diagnose his condition appropriately by his GP.
- Recovering £3.2 million for a lady who suffered a severe neurological injury during surgery which left her with life changing injuries.
- Forming part of the initial group of lead solicitors in the litigation regarding Birmingham rogue breast surgeon, Ian Paterson.
- Securing an award of compensation of £1.3 million for a client who had an avoidable amputation.
- Representing and securing an admission of liability for the family of a young lady with dependent children who suffered an avoidable aortic aneurysm.
- Representing and successfully securing a six figure sum for the widow and children of a gentleman who sadly passed away in his mid-30’s due to a fatal pulmonary embolism caused by the admitted delay in treating his condition.
Outside of work, Sharon enjoys socialising with friends, going to the gym, charity work and cooking.
'Sharon has been recognised and praised for her 'diligence and strong client care'.' - Legal 500
'Sharon assisted my daughter when she was alive successfully pursuing her kidney injury case and has since supported our family in setting up a charity in her honour’ - Mother of a former client who suffered kidney injury.
'Sharon is always there for our family and has helped make the worst time in our life, having suffered a close bereavement, easier with her compassion and sound advice' – Client that suffered an avoidable bereavement.
'Sharon is professional, knowledgeable and provides attention to detail that inspires us with confidence' – Client that suffered an avoidable amputation