The following forms should be used:
- F2508 Report of an injury
- F2508 Report of a Dangerous Occurrence
- F2508A Report of a Case of Disease
- OIR9B Report of an Injury Offshore
- OIR9B Report of a Dangerous Occurrence Offshore
- F2508G1 Report of a Flammable Gas Incident
- F2508G2 Report of a Dangerous Gas Fitting
However, employers can still report incidents over the telephone to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), but its Infoline will cease on 30 September 2011, as it's envisaged that information and advice previously given by 'phone can be accessed via the HSE website.
The HSE said more than half of reportable injuries are already notified to HSE through its website and this proportion has been increasing steadily over the past seven years.
It recognises, though, that people reporting fatal and major incidents and injuries will still want to do so by 'phone.
More information about the changes is available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2011/hse-iccqa.htm
This information is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is recommended that specific professional advice is sought before acting on any of the information given. © Shoosmiths LLP 2023